Definition of Coaching: “Professional Coaching is an ongoing professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, businesses or organizations. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life. In each meeting, the client chooses the focus of conversation, while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions. This interaction creates clarity and moves
the client into action. Coaching accelerates the client's progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice. Coaching concentrates on where clients are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future. ICF member coaches recognize that results are a matter of the client's intentions, choices and actions, supported by the coach's efforts and application of the coaching process.”
- Source: International Coach Federation (www.coachfederation.org)
The Client understands and agrees to each of the following provisions:
- I hereby employ Robyn Ireland as my "Coach" for the purpose of advising and counseling me with respect to the proper format for Life Coaching for Personal or Professional Development. She may also assist me in structuring, identifying and achieving goals as she has experience in such matters and agrees to render such services.
- I understand and agree that the Coach is not an "employment agent," "business manager," "financial analyst" or "psychotherapist" and that she has not promised, shall not be obligated to, and will not: (1) procure or attempt to procure any employment, business or sales for me, (2) perform any business management functions such as accounting services, advice on tax matters or the investment of funds, and (3) will not act as a therapist, counseling me or providing psychoanalysis, group therapy or behavioral therapy.
- I further understand and agree that as a specialized form of consulting, Coaching is not the same as professional or licensed therapy; and that I am always free to reject any advice, suggestions or requests made by the coach at any time. My coach is authorized and encouraged to be direct and unconditionally supportive
- I further understand and agree that I am to inform my Coach whenever I am under the care of any healer or licensed physician, therapist or psychiatrist; and/or any time I am taking any prescriptions or drugs.