Woah it is the end of January already and my first blog post is only just now going up; because I have been creating some time to plan some important things for me. So business gurus judge all you like but in my line of work it is just as important to walk the walk as churning out content.
This will be a brief post and I want to challenge you to build clarity on your goals for this year. I am going to walk you through my short but powerful process.
1. What are your top 3 goals for the year?
- Family relationships
- Backyard garden renovation project
- Hike the Michigan portion of the North Country Trail
2. What are you willing to sacrifice to achieve these?
- I will sacrifice some time to grow my plants from seed this year and that will save me money.
- I am sacrificing hair coloring but because grey hair is fun too and saves me $$ and I have one less thing that I feel I have to do.
- Money savings are redirected into gear for the trek.
- Willing to sacrifice time, blood sweat and tears to push my body to achieve a new adventure.
- My family is the love of my life.
- Our home and creating a sanctuary is a gift to all of us to enjoy and builds on our home investment.
- Pushing my body gives me the challenge I need and nature soothes my soul, not to mention the fun bonding time with Dottie when she gets to join me. Learning new skills, like making camp in sub freezing temps is fun.
4. What happens if I try and do not succeed?
I look at what went wrong, plan a strategy to correct and keep going. Failure only happens when you do not try at all.
5. What will I learn?
- Deeper understanding and appreciation of the people I love who are growing and changing all of the time.
- How to grow my own food, composting, and deeper understanding of Michigan native plants.
- To go beyond my limits, to persevere in the outdoors, independence and navigational skills refresh.
What will you do before the end of the year? If you need help please know you are not alone! Reach out, my passion is serving others and to see them succeed. Do not be afraid to cut back on something so you can start something new this year.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.